Monday, December 17, 2012

35 weeks- Placenta has kicked back in and ECV

After thinking my placenta was plateauing, it sure has kicked back in! I am definitely at a 1:2 carb ratio for breakfast now (before pregnancy I was at 1:10) and lunch and dinner I am 1:4 and 1:5 +2. It's crazy how quickly it happened too!

I have realized that I have to be very careful with what I eat. I ate white pasta one evening this week and another night a regular crust pizza (2 small pieces) and my blood sugars were elevated for so many hours after!! It took 6+ hours these nights for sugars to come down....so once again I will not be eating these items during pregnancy. I hadn't had them at all and thought I'd give them a try. BAD idea. I have had whole wheat pasta and thin crust pizza a couple of times and those didn't affect me nearly as bad. So I can refrain for another couple of weeks.:)

My Exterbak Cephalic Version (ECV) is scheduled for next Monday the 24th of Dec. I regretfully "Dr. Googled" the procedure and now I am more fearful to go into it. I have a growth U/S on Thurs and an appointment with my doctor so I will ask them about the risks. It sounds so uncomfortable too!!! I'm just hoping she will flip on her own first. Say a prayer for me!! (thanks!) I am wondering if I will have to take out my insulin pump too? I hate that I am having to change my inset every day now. It is so hard and sometimes so painful to find a good spot that works. Maybe due to the increased blood in my body, my insets are making me bleed much more often and I am bruising more on my stomach. It gets frustrating. Sometimes I have to use 4 insets just to get one that feels right and good nowadays. Ouch!

Looking forward to Thursday to see how big this little one might be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment